In December 2014, the Georgia EPD Online System (GEOS) was introduced as the portal for online electronic permit applications for NPDES Municipal Wastewater Discharge Permits and Title V Air Quality Permits. Currently online permits include NPDES Municipal Wastewater Discharge Permits, Title V Air Quality Permits, Scrap Tire Waste Reduction, Scrap Tire Compliance, Brownfields, Lead Based Paint and Asbestos, and Trust Fund and Fee Management. New applications will continue to be added to GEOS over time.
The schedule for requiring the use of GEOS for submitting applications is below:
- EPD Air Protection Branch will require Title V Air Quality Permit applications to be submitted through GEOS beginning August 1, 2015.
- EPD Watershed Protection Branch will require all NPDES Municipal Wastewater Discharge Permit applications to be submitted through GEOS beginning January 1, 2016.
- All other application types in GEOS are optional at this point in time. You are encouraged to use GEOS as it has many benefits.
GEOS will help streamline the permitting and reporting processes. Benefits of using the new GEOS portal include:
- Improving Program effectiveness and efficiency.
- Reduced workload for managing data.
- Reduction in printing and mailing costs.
- Gives permittees the ability to track their permit status electronically.