EPD's Emergency Response Program, which operates from the District Offices, performs these duties:
- Responds to spills and releases of oil or hazardous materials on a 24-hour basis
- Investigates high priority complaints
- Maintains Right-to-Know (SARA/Title III) information
- Serves as staff to the State Emergency Response Commission
- Implements provisions of the Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act
All incoming calls to the State Warning Point are both digitally and voice recorded and subject to release under the Georgia Open Records Act. Therefore, anonymous calls cannot be accepted. This number is to be used to report emergencies. All non-emergency calls should be directed to the appropriate Branch or District Office.
Emergency Response Release and Remediation Reporting
SARA Title III / EPCRA Tier II Reporting
For information related to Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know (EPCRA), please contact the Emergency Response Manager.