Environmental Radiation Program
The Environmental Radiation Program works with state, local and federal authorities on radiological emergency preparedness. The Program is involved with emergency plan development, emergency responder training and readiness exercises.
- Primary state responder to incidents at nuclear power plants.
- Oversee remedial actions involving radioactive materials.
- Maintain environmental radiation monitoring networks around commercial and defense nuclear facilities in or bordering Georgia.
- Provide limited radio-analytical laboratory support to EPD's drinking water and other regulatory programs.
The Environmental Radiation Program is responsible for emergency response to radiological incidents throughout the State of Georgia.
- When an emergency occurs involving a licensee, staff from the Radioactive Materials Program may assist the Environmental Radiation Program in evaluating the incident.
- The Radioactive Materials Program is also prepared to assist the Environmental Radiation Program with Emergency Response at facilities that are licensed by the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
|Team Leader||Shelly Stancil||Email Shelly Stancil|
|Part-time Environmental Specialist||Barty Simonton||Email Barty Simonton|
|Environmental Specialist/Laboratory||Tymeria Kelly||Email Tymeria Kelly|
|Environmental Specialist/Laboratory||Pulane Eglen||Email Pulane Eglen|
|Environmental Specialist/Laboratory||Stacy Allman||Email Stacy Allman|