Regional Water Plan Seed Grant Funds
From State Fiscal Year 2020 funds appropriated by the Georgia General Assembly for Regional Water Planning, EPD announces the SFY2020 Regional Water Plan Seed Grant program. A total of $300,000 is available for competitive grants. The Regional Water Plan Seed Grants are being provided to support and incentivize local governments and other water users as they undertake their Regional Water Plan implementation responsibilities.
Eligible recipients of the Regional Water Plan Seed Grant funds include local, regional and State units of government, local authorities which operate local government service delivery programs, regional commissions, resource conservation and development councils, local school systems, State college and universities, and State agencies. Project proposals must specifically address implementation of management practice(s) or other recommendation(s) from one or more Regional Water Plans, and applications must include a letter of endorsement from the Water Planning Council(s) Chair or designated representative.
Grant awards are limited to $75,000 in State funding and the project period is limited to thirty (30) months in duration. Applicants must attend a pre-application meeting with EPD by October 17, 2019 and applications must be e-mailed by October 31, 2019.
For more specifics regarding eligible activities, application requirements, funding details, and other information, please consult the materials below.
- General Guidelines for Regional Water Plan Seed Grant SFY2020
- Application for Regional Water Plan Seed Grant SFY2020
- Implementation and Drawdown Schedule for Regional Water Plan Seed Grant SFY2020
- Seed Grant Fund and Match Calculator
More information regarding Regional Water Plans can be found at https://waterplanning.georgia.gov/.
Please note: The SFY20 Regional Water Plan Seed Grant is specifically for projects associated with the 10 Regional Water Planning Councils and their Regional Water Plans. However, projects that are located within the Metro District, or applicants who are located within the Metro District, are eligible to apply for a Seed Grant if all of the following apply:
- The project will provide benefits in a neighboring Water Planning Council region(s),
- The project addresses implementation of management practice(s) or other recommendation(s) from the Regional Water Plan(s) for those regions, and
- The application is endorsed by the neighboring Water Planning Council(s) in those regions.
To inquire about potential projects or to schedule a pre-application meeting, contact Blue Cole.