Georgia EPD Online System (GEOS) Technical Assistance
In December 2014, the Georgia EPD Online System (GEOS) was introduced as the new online portal for electronic permit applications for NPDES Municipal Wastewater Discharge Permits and Title V Air Quality Permits. Currently, online permits include Brownfield, Construction Storm Water, Storm Water Industrial, Hazardous Substance Fee, Hazardous Waste Fee, Lead-Based Paint & Asbestos, NPDES Municipal Wastewater, Title V, Trust Fund, Invoice Payment Only, Underground Storage Tank, Voluntary Remediation Program, Scrap Tire Generator, Used Tire Dealer, Scrap Tire Processors, Scrap Tire Sorters, Tire Carriers, Tire Fee Reports, and Scrap Tire Quarterly Reports. New applications will continue to be added to GEOS over time.
The schedule requiring submittals through GEOS is as follows:
- EPD Watershed Protection Branch is requiring all NPDES, Land Treatment System, Industrial Pretreatment, Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations and Underground Injection Control applications to be submitted through GEOS beginning October 1, 2018.
- EPD Watershed Protection Branch began requiring all NPDES Municipal Wastewater applications to be submitted through GEOS beginning January 1, 2016.
- Underground Storage Tanks Annual Tank Registration will be done in GEOS in 2017; see step-by-step instructions. For Annual Tank Registration application data entry questions, contact the UST Program Technical Duty Officer at email@example.com or by phone at 404-362-2590.
- The Industrial General Permit for Stormwater Discharges had a hard deadline of June 30, 2017 for submittal of Notices of Intent (NOI) or No Exposure Exclusion (NEE) for coverage under the new permit. Even though the deadline has passed, you can still submit late NOI and NEE. Authorization to discharge is not retroactive, and late submittals can be subject to enforcement. Please submit your late NOI and NEE as quickly as possible. The Industrial Stormwater NOI and NEE forms have been online and functional since May 31, 2017. If you have problems with your forms, or if you have any questions, please contact EPD Stormwater.
- Construction Stormwater Notice of Intent (NOI), Notice of Termination (NOT), and Sampling Report submittals will be done in GEOS beginning October 2017; see step-by-step instructions.
- Environmental Assurance Fee (EAF) Remitter Submission Instructions are now available; see step-by-step instructions.
- EPD Air Branch began requiring all applications to be submitted through GEOS beginning August 1, 2015.
- Tire fee reports now can be found in GEOS. After January 1, 2018, paper copies will no longer be mailed to scrap tire generators.
- Scrap tire processors and sorters will be required to submit their quarterly reports in GEOS beginning January 1, 2018.
- Tire carriers will be required to submit their quarterly reports in GEOS beginning July 1, 2018.
- All other application types in GEOS are optional at this time; however, you are encouraged to use GEOS as it has many benefits.
You are encouraged to use GEOS as it has many benefits that will help streamline the permitting and reporting processes, including:
- Improved program effectiveness and efficiency
- Reduced workload for managing data
- Reduced printing and mailing costs
- Ability of permittees to electronically track permit status
- Redacting Information
- Mapping Tool Video
- GEOS RO Account Creation
- GEOS Account Management
- GEOS Account Creation Using e-Verify
- Complete UST Annual Tank Registration submittal without preparer
- Application Submission video
If you have any questions about GEOS, please contact us.