Hazardous Waste Forms

Response and Remediation Program

Contact: Response & Remediation Program, 404.657.8600

Brownfield Eligibility

Contact: Response & Remediation Program - Brownfields Unit, 404.657.8600

Voluntary Remediation Program

Contact: Response and Remediation Program, 404.657.8600

Surface Water Detections Data Collection

Contact: Porcha McCurdy 470.524.0504

This form is used to provide the Response & Remediation Program (RRP) with updated surface water data for sites on the Hazardous Site Inventory (HSI) that have documented releases of contaminants to surface waters. Pursuant to Sections 305(b) and 303(d) of the Clean Water Act, EPD must submit all available surface water quality data for the State on a biennial schedule to EPA. The RRP will compile the surface water data for HSI sites and submit to EPD's Watershed Protection Branch. Surface water data collected during 2019 and 2020, should be submitted to the RRP no later than September 30, 2021.

Local Government Applications

Contact: Response & Remediation Program, 404.657.8600

Hazardous Site Management Fees

Contact: Response & Remediation Program, 404.657.8600

Guidance document to aid in determining which fees and how those fees are calculated by the regulated community.

Hazardous Waste Management: Biennial Report

Contact: Linda Weglewski, [email protected], 470-524-4735 

The Hazardous Waste Report is the implementing guidance to support the reporting by large quantity hazardous waste generators (LQGs) and treatment, storage, or disposal facilities (TSDFs) required by the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act of 1976 (RCRA). RCRA Sections 3002 and 3004, as amended by the Hazardous and Solid Waste Amendments of 1984 (HSWA), requires reporting to EPA or to authorized states at least every two years. EPD adopts federal hazardous waste regulations by reference. The Biennial Hazardous Waste Report is collected nationally every two years. Reports are due by March 1, 2022. 

Small and Very Small Quantity Generators that were LQGs at any time during 2021, including Short Term Generators, are required to report. Facilities notified as LQGs who did not generate LQG quantities during 2021 are required to submit the Certification of Non-Filer Form.

Report submissions must be made using EPA’s Biennial Reporting Software (recommended) or by flat files. Hard copies of the Biennial Report will NOT be accepted.

Links and information to complete the required Biennial Reporting are below:

  • Download this pdf file. Letter to Generators – Detailed explanation of reporting requirements for hazardous waste generators for the 2020 reporting year.
  • Download this pdf file. RCRA Info Industry Help and Guidance – Instructions and links to report using EPA’s Biennial Reporting Software.

Hazardous Waste Management: Waste Reduction Plan

Contact: Linda Weglewski at [email protected] or 470-524-4735.

All Large Quantity Generators (LQGs) are required to submit a Waste Reduction Plan to EPD every two years at the time of the Biennial Report (see section above). This plan should describe current waste production at the facility and plans for future reduction of that waste. Reports for 2022 are due by March 1, 2022 along with the 2021Biennial Hazardous Waste Report.

Short-term LQGs are required to submit an abbreviated report as explained in the instructions. Short-Term LQGs can submit Form I, Form II and the Progress Report Page. Traditional LQG facilities that have previously submitted a full plan can submit Form I and the Progress Report page.

Form and instructions will not be mailed. They can be accessed from the links below:

Completed forms should be mailed to the following address:

Attention: Waste Reduction Plan
Georgia Environmental Protection Division
Land Protection Branch
Suite 1052 East Tower
2 Martin Luther King Jr Dr SE
Atlanta GA 30334

Hazardous Waste Management: RCRA Notification

Contact: Hazardous Waste Management Program, 404.657.8600 

This form and associated instructions are designed to help you determine if you are subject to the requirements under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) for notifying the State of Georgia of your regulated waste activities. The instructions will assist you in obtaining an U.S. EPA Identification Number by completing and submitting EPA Form 8700-12 for initial notifications, or in revising EPA Form 8700-12 for subsequent notifications. You are required to complete an EPA Form 8700-12 whenever any of the facility information contained on the form changes. The instructions also include appendices on typical waste streams produced by small quantity generators and typical waste streams and EPA Hazardous Waste Numbers.

Signed forms should be emailed to [email protected] or can be submitted online using EPA’s RCRA Info web portal after registering for an Industry User account at https://rcrainfo.epa.gov/rcrainfoprod.

Hazardous Waste Management: RCRA Permit Application Part A

Contact: Hazardous Waste Management Program, 404.657.8600

The Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) requires anyone who owns or operates a facility where hazardous waste is treated, stored, or disposed of to have a permit. RCRA establishes a procedure for obtaining interim status which allows existing facilities to continue operating until a final hazardous waste permit is issued. This form and associated instructions are submitted to the State of Georgia and are required for a federal permit to treat, store, or dispose of hazardous waste under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA). The form defines the processes to be used for treatment, storage, and disposal of hazardous wastes; the design capacity of such processes and the specific hazardous wastes to be handled at a facility. Interim status is also explained.

Hazardous Waste Management and Corrective Action: RCRA Financial Assurance

Contact: Hazardous Waste Management or Corrective Action Program, 404.657.8600

The Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) requires permitted owners/operators to maintain financial assurance in order ensure clean closure of their operating facility, and if clean closure cannot be achieved, financial assurance must cover post-closure care and corrective action. Operating facilities are obligated to obtain third-party liability coverage.

The following financial assurance mechanisms are allowed by the Hazardous Waste Management and Corrective Action Programs.  Each financial assurance mechanism should be accompanied by a financial assurance cover page.

Download this doc file. Cover Page – All Mechanisms

Surety Bond

Letter of Credit

Financial Test/Corporate Guarantee

Insurance Policy

Trust Agreement/Standby Trust Agreement