Ambient Monitoring Program
Visit the Ambient Monitoring Program website to access current air monitoring data throughout the state.
- Phone: (404) 363-7000
- Fax: (404) 363-7100
The Ambient Monitoring Program measures levels of air pollutants throughout the State. Hourly measurements are available. AMP also reports the Air Quality Index (AQI), a simple measure of a region's air quality, for several Georgia cities and offers daily Smog Alert forecasts.
- Conducts ambient monitoring for air toxics, VOCs, lead, ozone, sulfur dioxide, carbon monoxide, nitrogen dioxide, particulate matter, and meteorological conditions.
- Measures levels of air pollutants throughout the state.
- Uses data to determine compliance with ambient air quality standards.
- Uses data to evaluate the need for special controls and to assist with citizen inquiries.
- Participates in the Smog Alert program.
DeAnna Oser, Program Manager, Phone: (470) 524-0541
Email DeAnna Oser
Data Analysis Unit
Janet Aldredge-Byars, Unit Manager, Phone: (470) 938-3390
Email Janet Aldredge-Byars
Operations 2 Unit
Ken Buckley, Unit Manager, Phone: (470) 524-0673
Email Ken Buckley
Operations Support Unit
Lynsey Scarbrough, Unit Manager, Phone: (404) 783-1466
Email Lynsey Scarbrough
Quality Assurance Unit
Farhana Yasmin, Unit Manager, Phone: (470) 524-0653
Email Farhana Yasmin