Click here for a list of permitted drinking water facilities.
Draft Updates currently out on Public Notice:
On August 18, 2020, EPD announced a public meeting to discuss Drinking Water Program updates regarding three items: draft Rule Amendments to Chapter 391-3-5 for Public Review, draft updates to the Minimum Standards for Public Water Systems and draft updates to the Boil Water Advisory Guidance Manual.
A copy of the August 18 notice is available here. EPD accepted comments on these materials through September 18, 2020.. A public meeting was held on September 2, 2020 via Zoom. The slides that were presented during the public meeting are , and the video recording of the public meeting is
On October 27, EPD briefed the DNR Board on the proposed rule amendments and will seek the Board’s adoption of the rule amendments on January 26, 2021. Comments were taken through December 18 and a public hearing was held on December 16. More information can be found on the Proposed Rules section of EPD’s website.
On November 18, 2020, EPD finalized the Boil Water Advisory Guidance, as well as a Boil Water Notice Template. This guidance is effective immediately and can be found in the Drinking Water Compliance section below.
On December 31, 2020, EPD announced EPDComments@dnr.ga.gov. Please note that all red font text are revisions that were incorporated in the first public notice draft (announced on August 18), and all yellow highlighted text are updates made since the end of the first public comment period.that were based on comments received during the earlier comment period. Comments will be taken on these updates through January 15, 2021, and can be emailed to
Drinking Water Permitting
Drinking Water Compliance
Commercial Environmental Laboratories
Radium and Uranium in Public Drinking Water Systems
- List of NELAC Accredited Laboratories [Revised Periodically]
- List of A2LA Accredited Laboratories [Revised Periodically]
- List of AIHA Accredited Laboratories [Revised Periodically]
- List of CALA Accredited Laboratories [Revised Periodically]
- US EPA Optimal Corrosion Control Treatment Evaluation Technical Recommendations
- US EPA Drinking Water Requirements for States and Public Water Systems
- US EPA Lead and Copper Rule
- US EPA Lead and Copper Rule Compliance Help for Public Water Systems