Water Well Standards
The Water Well Standards Act (12-5-120 thru 138) provides standards for the siting, construction, operation, maintenance, and abandonment of wells and boreholes to protect public health and water resources of the State. The Water Well Standards Advisory Council (Council), seven members appointed by the Governor and one member appointed by the Commissioner of the Department of Natural Resources, is responsible for implementing the requirements of the Act, including the licensing of water well drillers, the certification of pump installers, the investigation of complaints, the collection of fees, and the application of penalties and fines.
The Georgia Environmental Protection Division (EPD) serves as Agent for the Council, and supports the Council by examining applications, issuing licenses and certifications, performing practical drilling examinations, and conducting investigations of complaints, and other duties following approval by the Council. EPD also maintains listings of active licensed water well drillers and active certified pump installers.
- Water Well Standards Act – Laws OCGA 12-5-120
- Water Well Standards Act - Rules
- Water Well Standards Advisory Council Members
- What You Need to Know About Water Wells in Georgia [Revised 1995]
- Grouting and Plugging of Domestic Wells in Georgia [Revised 1988]
- Notice of Intent Form
- Well Data Sheet Template
- Link to GA Department of Public Health Contact Information(scroll to bottom of the Department of Public Health page for links to District or County contacts)
- Bond Amount Table 2017
- WWSAC Fee and Penalty Table
Water Well Contractor Licensing
How to Schedule an Exam
- Call the PSI Candidate Service Center at 1-800-733-9267. You may be asked to leave a message so they can call you later.
- Send an email to PSI and ask that they contact you to schedule the exam.
- The email address is email@example.com
- In your email, include your name, phone number, and test name that you would like to take.
- Note: the process is not complete until PSI confirms your request.
- Schedule the exam online.
- Navigate to www.psiexams.com
- Step by step instructions can be found here.
- You may also refer to the HOW TO SCHEDULE FOR AN EXAMINATION instructions from NGWA.
Pump Contractor Certification
- Pump Contractor New Application
- Pump Contractor Renewal Application
- Template for Pump Contractor Performance Bond and Irrevocable Letter of Credit 2018-2020